Be That Wedding Speaker Who Has Everyone Laughing and Cheering Instead of Bored Silly
Get an original speech plus the skills & confidence to nail it cold
• A fun, warm, completely original speech in your voice and personality.
• The skills and confidence to stand up and knock your speech out of the park with ease — even if you dread public speaking.
• The peace of mind that comes from completely eliminating the stress of writing and giving your speech.
• Genuine compliments from the bride, groom and guests for caring enough to give a speech that is actually meaningful and entertaining.
• Dull, stale, cheap, silly, tired, embarrassing, boring, empty, stilted, shallow, cheesy, eye-rolling, clichéd lines like you see in every other wedding speech and online.
• The drumbeat of stress leading up to the wedding from trying to sort out life with the bride or groom and create a speech with little or no speechwriting or public speaking experience at a wedding.
• The feeling of bombing in front of hundreds of people who had expected you to give the best of yourself.
• You have years of thoughts, memories and experiences in your heart and head about the bride or groom. And if you're like most, it all feels like one big, jumbled blur in your mind.
• Nineteen years of speechwriting and performance coaching expertise that has helped hundreds of speakers nail their speeches at weddings in the The Plaza New York, Sydney Opera House and Karma Beach in Bali... to banquet halls, country clubs and backyards around the world.
• First you'll answer a few simple but thought-provoking questions about the bride, groom and your relationship with them.
• Then I call you to go deeper on some of the information. Our conversation will be totally casual and take about a half hour.
• It's that simple. The process is fun, easy and convenient for you. Get started today.
Shopper Approved is an independent, Google-authorized service that collects reviews from verified clients/purchasers only. Click the ellipses ( ... ) to continue reading any review.
Perfect if you're already a comfortable and experienced public speaker...
• A funny, warm, 100% original 6- to 9-minute wedding speech written in your voice and personality. No stale jokes, tired clichés, empty praise or embarrassing lines like you see in most speeches.
• The perfect blend of humor, stories, emotion, enthusiasm and surprise plus unlimited editing to ensure every word is exactly what you want to say.
• Your speech formatted on 5" x 8" note cards that you print... or I'll work with your local FedEx Copy Center to print cards for you (they will charge you for printing, of course).
If you don't have much public speaking experience or are nervous about the big day...
• Everything in the Essential Package PLUS unlimited performance coaching to help you perfect your delivery, eliminate nervousness and ensure you’re cool, comfortable and ready to crush it on wedding day. Includes the best-kept secret in public speaking (if you're nervous, this alone will be a huge game-changer for you).
• Includes The Field Guide to Nailing Your Wedding Speech, a straightforward, 15-page book with valuable tips and strategies for rehearsing, presenting, reducing fear, using microphones and other important issues to help you rock this thing with ease and confidence.
If you want to give the perfect speech and an extraordinary gift to the bride and groom...
• Everything in the Refined Package PLUS a 7”x 7”, four-color, hardcover commemorative gift book with the full text of your speech plus up to five photographs printed on archival-quality Mohawk Proline Paper with an eggshell-textured uncoated finish.
• The book also includes a gift inscription page for you to write a short personal note that will make it a beautiful, thoughtful one-of-a-kind keepsake for the bride and groom.
• Presented in a custom black box with red looped ribbon to help lift book from box.
These are custom speeches, training and books. Because of the time and attention required to complete all research and writing myself, speeches are often booked weeks or months in advance.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? After booking you immediately receive an order confirmation then an email from me with a few questions to get started. This is a fast, easy process for you to get a funny, warm, original speech.
What information do you need to write the speech? What's the process? Why do we need to talk on the phone?
I have a tried-and-true process to gather a combination of facts, feelings and experience. I use the information to create a funny, sincere, 100% original speech that vividly illustrates the personality and character of the bride and groom through your eyes and in your voice and personality.
The speech is all you. No speech templates, canned jokes or empty clichés.
This is a fun, easy, 2-step process for you. You'll answer a few simple yet thought-provoking questions about the bride and groom. Then I'll follow up with a short call. That’s it.
You'll have a fun, original speech to honor and entertain with heart, humor and confidence. And every word will be in your voice and personality, which means it be easy and comfortable for your to deliver.
I call you because it's easier and faster for you to go deeper on topics in a short conversation than in writing. Plus, I want to get a sense of your style and personality, both of which factor heavily into your speech.
Do I really need this? It probably won't work for me anyway.
This is a highly personalized service that will ensure your speech is a huge hit. If you're struggling with what to say or are an inexperienced speaker, this is for you.
What is a speech that will strengthen your relationship with the bride and groom, and impress and entertain the crowd worth to you? You'll get laughs, tears and compliments. You'll feel great for having given the best of yourself on wedding day.
And everyone will be thrilled they didn't have to sit through yet canned, silly, clichéd speech from a wedding speaker who convinced themselves they could "just jot a few things down" or "wing it."
I've written speeches and coached hundreds of speakers at all age and experience levels for nearly 20 years. This process is customized and will work for you, too. You don't have to continue wrestling with this alone.
Giving a wedding speech is, for most of us, a once-in-a-lifetime honor. So why not make it one of the best experiences of your life?
What types of wedding speeches do you write?
All of them—from best man, groom and father/mother to maid of honor, bride and bridesmaid. Each speech is different but I use the same meticulous research process to uncover and organize your thoughts, feelings and experiences. That means a speech 100% aligned with your values, personality and relationship with the bride and groom. This is the one speech only you can deliver.
Is our work together confidential?
Yes. You're in complete control. Some clients mention our work together to others, some don't. It's up to you. Regardless, I'm always working behind the scenes to help you nail your speech.
What's your background?
After earning a B.A. in communication studies and an M.A. in journalism on scholarship, I began my career in marketing agencies creating strategy and writing ads, films, speeches, books, websites and other materials for Fortune 500 companies and global nonprofits.
CEOs and other executives at client companies would often ask me to write a speech for a wedding, anniversary, funeral, retirement, milestone birthday or other social event in their personal lives.
These execs were also typically nervous about delivering their social speeches despite being accomplished business executives. That's because wedding and other social speeches tend to push people out of their element and comfort zones.
And there is a strong emotional component to weddings where, for example, a father is speaking to his daughter or a maid of honor is honoring her big sister.
I found I particularly enjoyed the work of helping people who are under pressure, short of time or doubting their abilities nail their wedding speeches.
A little more here.
Where are you based?
I'm completely digital and work with clients everywhere. I've created speeches for speakers across the U.S., Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Belize, U.S. Virgin Islands, Ireland and everywhere in between. My home base is on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I'm easy to reach day and night through email or telephone. And I promptly return emails and messages.