Crush Nervousness • Connect with Everyone • Enjoy the Raves
9 out of 10 do-it-yourself wedding speeches flop & disappoint because they’re dull, rambling & steal the same phony B.S. off the Internet everyone has heard
I focus your thinking, write your original speech & show you how to knock it out of the park
You get the thanks & compliments
As Featured In…
What Clients Say…
Book Your Speech Now
For great speakers
• A fun, warm, 100% original 6- to 9-minute speech written in your voice and personality.
• No canned jokes, tired clichés, empty praise or phony lines you hear in every wedding speech.
• Unlimited editing to ensure every word is exactly what you want to say.
• Formatted on 5" x 8" note cards that you pick up from your local FedEx Copy Center (they will charge you for printing, of course).
If you’re nervous
• Everything in the Essential Package PLUS unlimited performance coaching to help you perfect your delivery, eliminate nervousness and ensure you’re cool, comfortable and ready to crush it on wedding day.
• Includes the best-kept secret in public speaking (if you're nervous, this alone will be a game-changer for you not only for this speech but every presentation for the rest of your life).
• Includes The Field Guide to Nailing Your Wedding Speech, a straightforward, 15-page book with valuable tips and strategies for rehearsing, reducing fear, using mics and other important issues to ensure you knock your speech out of the park.
Ideal speech & gift
• Everything in the Refined Package PLUS a 7”x 7”, four-color, hardcover gift book with the full text of your speech plus up to five photographs printed on archival-quality Mohawk Proline Paper with an eggshell-textured uncoated finish.
• Book includes a gift inscription page for you to write a short personal note that will make it a beautiful, thoughtful one-of-a-kind keepsake for the bride and groom.
• Presented in a custom black box with red looped ribbon to help lift book from box.
• Don’t underestimate the power of a well-written speech to strengthen your relationship with the bride and groom. When they take this book off the shelf 30 years from now it will bring back memories and mean something, which can’t be said for most things in life.
Book your speech early. Already booking for weddings as far out as September 2020.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? After booking you immediately receive an order confirmation then an email from me with a few questions to get started. This is a fast, easy process for you to get a funny, warm, original speech.
I create speeches for spectacular weddings in the world's most prestigious venues including:
Frequently Asked Questions
What information do you need to write the speech?
I’ve used The Nail Your Speech Process for nearly 20 years to gather a combination of facts, feelings and experiences. First you’ll answer a few simple but thought-provoking questions about the bride, groom and your relationship with them. Then I’ll call you to go deeper on some of the information. I also want to get a good sense of your values, character, personality and humor—all of which factor heavily into the voice of your speech.
Do I really need this? It probably won't work for me anyway.
This is a highly personalized service that will ensure your speech is the best speech of the day. If you're struggling with what to say or are an inexperienced speaker, this is for you. You don't have to continue wrestling with this alone or resort to using the same phony lines and canned jokes you hear at every wedding.
I've written speeches and coached hundreds of speakers at all age and experience levels for nearly 20 years. This process will work for you, too.
Giving a wedding speech is, for most of us, a once-in-a-lifetime honor. I will help you make it one of the best experiences of your life.
What types of wedding speeches do you write?
All of them—from best man, groom and father/mother to maid of honor, bride and bridesmaid. Each speech is different but I use the same meticulous research process to uncover and organize your thoughts, feelings and experiences. That means a speech 100% aligned with your values, personality and relationship with the bride and groom. This is the one speech only you can deliver.
Is our work together confidential?
Yes. You're in complete control. Some clients mention our work together to others, some don't. It's up to you. Regardless, I'm always working behind the scenes to help you nail your speech.
What's your background?
After earning a B.A. in communication studies and an M.A. in journalism on scholarship, I began my career in marketing agencies creating strategy and writing ads, films, speeches, books, websites and other materials for Fortune 500 companies and global nonprofits.
CEOs and other executives at client companies would often ask me to write a wedding or other speech. These execs were typically nervous about delivering their speech.
And there is a strong emotional component to weddings where, for example, a father is speaking to his daughter or a maid of honor is honoring her big sister.
I found I particularly enjoyed the work of helping people who are under pressure, short of time or doubting their abilities nail their wedding speeches.
A little more here.
Where are you based?
I'm completely digital and work with clients around the world. My home base is Chicago. I'm easy to reach day and night through email or telephone. And I promptly return emails and messages.