HAVE YOU EVER BEEN LISTENING TO A FATHER OF BRIDE SPEECH AND THOUGHT...
"These are the same phony, generic lines I hear at every wedding."
"This speech is not going well. I feel sorry for him."
"He's rambling. I hope this speech is over soon."
No one will think this about you.
Introducing The Spectacular Speech Process
Using Science, Psychology and Creativity to...
... ensure you don’t have to use the same GENERIC compliments, STALE clichés and EMBARRASSING lines every lazy, boring father of the bride says
... save you time and frustration by completely ELIMINATE the STRESS of writing and giving your speech
... FOCUS the lifetime of thoughts and memories you have about your daughter that feels like a jumbled blur in your heart and head right now
… guarantee you surprise, entertain and impress everyone with a fun, warm, original speech
… CRUSH nervousness, self-doubt and fear of public speaking
“I had UNBELIEVABLE feedback on the speech from so many guests. It was a sensational feeling. The stress is honestly taken out of the process and you can enjoy it and have fun.” (read full review)
STEP 1: THOUGHT GUIDE
Answer a few simple, psychology-based questions about your daughter, son-in-law and your relationship with them.
This focuses your thinking and is the first ingredient in the "secret sauce" that makes your speech personal, powerful and fun for the audience.
STEP 2: CONVERSATION
After you return your guide, I'll call you to go a little deeper on some of the information. Our conversation will be fun and totally casual.
I also want to get a good sense of your personality and character to ensure every word of your speech is in your voice and values.
STEP 3: YOUR MOMENT
You nail your fun, warm, all-original speech with ease and confidence.
We all have defining moments in our lives—meaningful experiences that stand out in our memory above the ordinary. This will be one of those moments for you. Enjoy the compliments.
What Clients Say
Hold your cursor over review to stop scrolling. Click on any review to continue reading.
Perfect if you're already a great wedding speaker
• A funny, warm, 100% original 6- to 9-minute wedding speech written in your voice and personality.
• No stale jokes, tired clichés, empty praise or embarrassing lines like you see in most speeches.
• Unlimited editing to ensure every word is exactly what you want to say.
• Formatted on 5" x 8" note cards that you pick up from your local FedEx Copy Center (they will charge you for printing, of course).
If you’ve never spoken at a wedding before
• Everything in the Essential Package PLUS unlimited performance coaching to help you perfect your delivery, eliminate nervousness and ensure you’re cool, comfortable and ready to crush it on wedding day.
• Includes the best-kept secret in public speaking (if you're nervous, this alone will be a huge game-changer for you).
• Includes The Field Guide to Nailing Your Father of the Bride Speech, a candid, 15-page book with valuable tips and strategies for rehearsing, reducing fear, using mics and other important issues to ensure you knock your speech out of the park.
Give the perfect speech and a special gift
• Everything in the Refined Package PLUS a 7”x 7”, four-color, hardcover gift book with the full text of your speech plus up to five photographs printed on archival-quality Mohawk Proline Paper with an eggshell-textured uncoated finish.
• Book includes a gift inscription page for you to write a short personal note that will make it a beautiful, thoughtful one-of-a-kind keepsake for the bride and groom.
• Presented in a custom black box with red looped ribbon to help lift book from box.
Book your speech early to ensure availability and avoid unnecessary stress from time pressure.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? After booking you immediately receive an order confirmation then an email from me with a few questions to get started. This is a fast, easy process for you to get a funny, warm, original speech.
I create speeches for spectacular weddings in the world's most prestigious venues including:
Frequently Asked Questions
What information do you need to write the speech? Why do we need to talk on the phone?
The Spectacular Speech Process is a tried-and-true system to gather a combination of important facts, feelings and experiences.
I call you because it's easier and faster for you to go deeper on topics in a short conversation than in writing. Plus, I want to get a sense of your values, character and personality, all of which factor heavily into your speech.
Do I really need this? It probably won't work for me anyway.
This is a highly personalized service that will ensure your speech is the best of the wedding. If you're struggling with what to say or are an inexperienced speaker, this is for you. You don't have to continue wrestling with this alone.
I've written speeches and coached hundreds of speakers at all age and experience levels for nearly 20 years. This process will work for you, too.
Giving a wedding speech is, for most of us, a once-in-a-lifetime honor. I will help you make it one of the best experiences of your life.
What types of wedding speeches do you write?
All of them—from best man, groom and father/mother to maid of honor, bride and bridesmaid. Each speech is different but I use the same meticulous research process to uncover and organize your thoughts, feelings and experiences. That means a speech 100% aligned with your values, personality and relationship with the bride and groom. This is the one speech only you can deliver.
Is our work together confidential?
Yes. You're in complete control. Some clients mention our work together to others, some don't. It's up to you. Regardless, I'm always working behind the scenes to help you nail your speech.
What's your background?
After earning a B.A. in communication studies and an M.A. in journalism on scholarship, I began my career in marketing agencies creating strategy and writing ads, films, speeches, books, websites and other materials for Fortune 500 companies and global nonprofits.
CEOs and other executives at client companies would often ask me to write a wedding or other speech. These execs were typically nervous about delivering their speech.
And there is a strong emotional component to weddings where, for example, a father is speaking to his daughter or a maid of honor is honoring her big sister.
I found I particularly enjoyed the work of helping people who are under pressure, short of time or doubting their abilities nail their wedding speeches.
A little more here.
Where are you based?
I'm completely digital and work with clients around the world. My home base is Chicago. I'm easy to reach day and night through email or telephone. And I promptly return emails and messages.